Gunner Asch

On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 06:47:02 -0500, Barney-Killer
wrote:

Jon,

I bought the Craftex 10x18 lathe a couple years ago as my first
lathe. It is not a bad machine but could do with some minor
improvments in the change gear area. Also the documentation is not
translated into English very well.
They could also have been a bit more detailed in the documentation.
Other than that, I'd sure recommend it as a first lathe, but if you've
got lots of money... go with an American made lathe, ie: South Bend or
equiv.
In my humble opinion, there is just nothing better than South Bend

BK

Im rather fond of my 3 Hardinges.

Different tastes I suppose.

Gunner