Emmo

It probably doesn't matter at this point, but in responding to an email, I
realized that I had made a bad mistake in this original post. The job was
for two 4'x9' panels, making a 4'x 18' two panel gate, not a single 4'x9'
gate as I originally described.

This is why I was reluctant to install it, and this makes my bid a lot
closer to the fence company's... Hope this clarifies things - I wasn't as
far off as it seemed...

Thanx again, this was a good exercise for me...

"Emmo" wrote in message
I have been asked for a bid on a 4' x 9' metal gate. Very straightforward,
1 1/2" tubing frame with 3/4" pickets every 5". Plus hinges and a mount
for an opener.

I have helped make gates for a friend's ranch before, I have a good MIG
setup, and I am confident I can do a good job on this. But what should I
bid?

I am in Austin, Texas, if it matters.

Thanx!

__