jstp

"phaeton" wrote in message
oups.com...
All in all, I am quite happy with my "character" house. If you address

the
water/structural items first, the rest are very minor problems in my

That's how I feel too- couple o' things to do right away, but the rest
is little, almost a hobby sort of thing. I think i would actually
enjoy doing small repairs, learning things as I go. We'll see how long
the 'enjoyment' lasts ;-)

Regarding my other post buried in this thread somewhere, we've got a
few options for resolving some anxiety about the seller's practices in
the works, so it may just work out after all....

We'll see.

We had problems closing also. The seller disagreed to have some brick
section re-built ($2,000) and wanted to pay only for cosmetic re-pointing
($600). Lots of discussions and arguments. We eventually settled by reducing
our offer by the $600 he was ready to cough up, and after the sale we hired
our own contractor to re-build that section (plus other modifications we
wanted to get done anyway). Much easier that way.

Good luck.