phaeton

All in all, I am quite happy with my "character" house. If you address the
water/structural items first, the rest are very minor problems in my

That's how I feel too- couple o' things to do right away, but the rest
is little, almost a hobby sort of thing. I think i would actually
enjoy doing small repairs, learning things as I go. We'll see how long
the 'enjoyment' lasts ;-)

Regarding my other post buried in this thread somewhere, we've got a
few options for resolving some anxiety about the seller's practices in
the works, so it may just work out after all....

We'll see.