Appliance Repair Aid

Hi,

does it matter where i clip the bi-metal defroster on the evaporater
coil tubing. i remove the original bi-metal defroster and try to clip
it on it's original position, but the one I got, does not fit. it seems
like the diameter is a bit bigger, so i moved it to another part of
the tubing.. it is the same part, part from the manual. just the
cliping is designed differently.
hope that's ok.

according to
http://www.repairclinic.com/0080.asp it states "Defrost
thermostat, clip-on
(The manufacturer has replaced part number 2196155 with this item, part
number 2188824.)" don't know if this matters.

i have included a picture of how it should look like and how it is
redesigned now.

original part looks like this:

http://www.repairclinic.com/0081.asp?RccPartID=1055108

new design clip look like this. this will not fit in the same position.

http://www.amresupply.com/tmp_files/...4084633140.JPG

http://www.amresupply.com/viewpart.p...ddf9568524a247

thanx!

G.

Hi,

does it matter where i clip the bi-metal defroster on the evaporater
coil tubing.

Yes, as close to the original place as possible.

i remove the original bi-metal defroster and try to clip
it on it's original position, but the one I got, does not fit. it seems
like the diameter is a bit bigger, so i moved it to another part of
the tubing..

No choice!

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid