Duane Bozarth

"John H." wrote:

"Duane Bozarth" wrote in message
Ken Hall wrote:

I have an aluminum patio door. It's natural aluminum and looks
crappy. Can it be painted white? If so, is there some special paint
for aluminum? How about the tracks and sides where the door slips
into -- won't the paint wear off immediately?

If it can't be painted, is there another way to color it? Black would
be fine. Actually almost anything other than a yaha color like apple
read or vibrant green or yellow, etc. Let's say, restricted to
earthtones.

There are primers specifically for "raw" aluminum...

I had this ugly dark brown sectional garage door(aluminum). Dunn Edwards has
a metal primer and I used a white finish coat with a sprayer. Looks awesome.
Everyone asked if I got a new door. Cleaned it well before hand and scuffed
it up with one of those dry wall sanding pads. I think the key was the
sprayer.

I was specifically thinking of the raw Al primers, not over a
pre-painted.

Did some old gutters on former house and they lasted several years--at
least 'til we moved.