HorneTD

rider89 wrote:
wanting to feed a branch box with a 60a breaker (#6 copper) thru EMT.

This may be a stupid question, but is there anything in the NEC to
prohibit using double #10's to get the amperage?
Reason is I have plenty of (free) #10 on hand and tube capacity is
slightly better with #10's.

thanks
bill

310.4 Conductors in Parallel.
Aluminum, copper-clad aluminum, or copper conductors of size 1/0 AWG and
larger, comprising each phase, neutral, or grounded circuit conductor,
shall be permitted to be connected in parallel (electrically joined at
both ends to form a single conductor). copyright 2002 National Fire
Protection Association.
--
Tom Horne

Well we aren't no thin blue heroes and yet we aren't no blackguards to.
We're just working men and woman most remarkable like you.