Carolina Breeze HVAC

"stevie" wrote in message ...
I have had a Trane unit since 1989 and it still runs good.

I was thinking about upgrading to a newer, higher efficiency unit, but my
Trane dealer said just use the old one until it dies.

He did mention that the newer refrigerant is more prone to leaks, both on
Carrier and Trane.

No..its not.....
ITs more prone to idiots that have no idea how to work with R410a and its
actually really quite simple, once you have the training..however, urban
myths, marketing, and lies will abound...get used to 410a....its here to
stay, and in a few short years, its all you will have...period..

I clean my outdoor unit once a year with water hose. Trane dealer said
many
outdoor units require some disassembly in order to clean them. Not so
with
Trane, they have a coating that just requires hosing them off. I'm
talking
about the fins just inside the units.

No...they dont..Tranes are just as bad as any louvered unit, and most of the
ones that people have hosed off for a few years are the ones that I
love...they end up wtih that Climatuff going BOOM...but hey..its your
marketing you fell for..

LOL

God....the marketing....the marketing...

"alt.home.repair" wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks Travis....yes, that's what I meant...Puron. So I guess either
should be fine, correct?

ok, well tomorrow I will call around some of the trane installers and
see what they offer.; I'll also check out american standard.

I guess it will boil down to carrier or trane for $3k, or rheem for
2.6K for a 12SEER system....or 3.4k for a 13.5 SEER system.