Stormin Mormon

The wax ring I got at Home Depot had replacement bolts. And instructions.
Much less dificult than I'd thought. I also like the one with the plastic
"funnel" atached. Found it's easier to put the wax ring down (funnel down)
and the plop the toilet on top of the wax ring.

Oh, please buy a pack of "wood shims" incase the toilet rocks a bit. One
able bodied man can do it single handedly. I'm 40+ years old, and defitely
not an athlete. I've had a couple toilet out, working alone.

Hint: To get the water out of the bowl before moving the toilet, sponge and
bucket works. Dip sponge, squeeze into bucket, repeat. Nonfood turkey baster
works, too.

--

Christopher A. Young
Do good work.

"John Smith" wrote in message
A pill vial got caught in my toilet and it looks like removing the toilet is
the only way to get it out. I replaced one 10 years ago, so I know it is
not all that hard, but I really don't remember much about it.

Can one person do it, or will I need help?
What supplies will I need? (I am 25 miles from a store, so I would like to
have everything...) Presumably a wax ring, are they one size fits all?
Anything else?

I vaguely remember that the nuts and bolts were rusted into one piece and I
had to break the base up with a hammer. Fortunately these nuts look brand
new so it should be much easier.