RBM

I had the same experience when changing a deep well pump. I didn't drink the
water until it cleared up which took about three days

"Jinxy" wrote in message
Hi,

Our water pump quit working so we bought a new one..minus the tank (using
the old one). We are in a rural area, but connected to city water using a
trickle system. Part of our water system is a big plastic water tank. Near
the bottom is a large black hose coming out...which leads to the water
pump (jet converter pump, with tank). This is where the problem of rust is
coming from I think.

When we pryed off the black hose and metal fitting off the old water pump
tank...there was major rust/flakiness inside the metal fitting. Husband
tried to clean it out. Since nothing was open (store) we connected that
fitting back on to the new pump. Now we got water which looks clear
running out of the tap...but if you put it in a cup, dog dish whatever..it
has a slight rust colour to it.

Shall I just run all the taps to purge everything out? It's only been
24hrs and the colour is still there. This house has plastic plumbing, with
very little copper used. Is the water safe to drink with that colour in it
(stupid question?