Joseph

"TURTLE" wrote in message
.. .

"PrecisionMachinisT" wrote in message

"Jake" wrote in message
news:CDwNe.48754$084.28178@attbi_s22...
PrecisionMachinisT wrote:
"DiDo" wrote in message
news:BMrNe.128$IG2.84@trndny01...

It is possible! how? well while water boils at low pressures
but it ALSO FREEZES and once it get frozen it does not
boils any more.

Frozen water changes directly from the solid into the vapor phase under

low
pressure conditions, due to a phenomena known as 'sublimation'.....IOW,

no
"boiling" is needed.

http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/askasc.../chem03598.htm

--

SVL

Sam,

I think Dido is talking about when you have a evap coil exposed to other
cold temps within a running freezer.. a common occurence in the
commercial world.

This is what the man meant, I believe.

Jake,

Doesn't matter--next time it snows, watch your outside temp real close, and
take note of any period over several days, or perhaps up to a week where the
temp stays constantly below freezing....notice that the snow 'just kinda
dissapears'....given enough time, it will eventually dissapear altogether,
without ever reaching a temp above freezing, and without rain falling on it,
etc.....now note that this process speeds up considerably at pressures below
atmospheric.

--

SVL

This is Turtle.

i see the example all the time with ice cub trays all the time. Fill a ice cube
tray with water and let them freeze real good and then keep them in the freezer
for 1 years. You will come back and find all the ice gone out of the ice cube
tray. I call it freezer evaperation or called freezer burning the ice. This
dehydration takes all the moisture out of food product and is called freezer
burn.

Also it can be freeze dried...

Joseph

TURTLE