Mike Pio

Default Opinions on Grizzly Tools

I sure hope this post doesn't stir up controversy, but I'm curious about
Grizzly's tools. Over the years, it's been my observation that Grizzly
seems to sell equipment for considerably less than the competition. As one
example, they sell an oscillating spindle sander for about $570 while a
comparable Shop Fox sander is around $900 (I couldn't find many differences
in the specs).
As another example, Grizzly seems to sell some very inexpensive shaper
cutters (as compared to Freud, for one). Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems
Grizzly is consistently less in general.

I happen to own a lot of Delta tools, but that's mainly because I've stuck
with what I know. Because I'm considering buying some Grizzly equipment and
have absolutely no experience with them, I'd be curious to hear opinions
from those of you who have owned/used equipment from both Grizzly and other
manufacturers. If you could state of few pros and cons of Grizzly, I'd
really appreciate it. If Grizzly tools are not as high quality as the
competition, than I'd sooner spend the extra money on the better stuff. I'm
open-minded though.

TIA

-Mike