Dave in Fairfax

"Norvin (remove SPAM)" wrote:
I have a project where I need to copy some turned legs from a table and
since the table cannot be brought to the workshop, I need to make a
pattern and after looking in several catalogs, I cannot find that little
tool (?) with all the needles to match a turned pattern. I cannot even
come up with the name of the tool. Any suggestion to steer my in the
right direction.

As an alternative to a profile gauge, take a picture of it and print it,
B&W on graph paper. If you print to the 100% size you can use the
prints as a backgground to the spindle and turn to match. All you'll
need is calipers to make sure the diameter is right.

Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use: daveldr at att dot net