JJR2

Default Lakewood fan bearings ran dry

I have a 21" Lakewood "high velocity" fan which I bought from Sam's
(US). After about 8 months in service, it slowed down dramatically one
day. I disassembled the motor, and found that the bearings were
completely dry. No response from the manufacturer so far. It cost
about 30USD, so there's not much point in sending it back.
It has a shaft about 5/8" in diameter, plain bushings (I can't tell
whether they were supposed to be Oilite), and thrust washers assembled
from an assortment of washers. The bearing assemblies are shrouded in
pressed steel cups about 1 1/2" in diameter. The assemblies are clean
and dry, and show no sign of ever having any form of grease on them
anywhere.
Can these be relubricated? Should they be packed to insure a supply of
lubricant?