Dick Yuknavech

On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 23:14:47 -0400, meirman wrote in alt.home.repair:

The neighbor's contractor cut my phone line

Is soldering and taping good enough for an outdoor phone line repair?

Or should I have the phone company come and do it according to its
standards?

Call the phone company.

Last month the people burying the TV cable made hash out of my phone
cable. BellSouth came in promptly and repaired it free. If you can be
home when the repair person does the job, watch it and marvel at the
technology in that splice.

Besides, it's a real hoot going through the automated menu system as it
tries to suggest different possibilities for where the problem might be
while you're sitting there holding a foot of severed cable in your hand
and no way to say so.

--

Why put fault tolerance in the OS, when it's already built into the
User?