Scott McDaniel

I doubt this caused by overheating - the internal overload wouldn't normally
reset that quickly. More like electrical problems in the motor. Fractional
horsepower motors aren't rebuilt, so you would replace it. However, with a
25 year old furnace, you should have the heat exchanger inspected - be
foolish to put that time and money into a furnce that needs to be replaced.
--
Scott McDaniel

"dog" wrote in message
My house has a Friedrich brand furnace about 25 years old or so. Sometimes
I run the blower continuously (that is, not under control of the
thermostat) just to keep the air circulating in the house--neither heating
nor cooling active. Recently the blower motor has been cutting out. The
motor will just stop for several seconds and then restart itself. Since
this is probably not good for the motor, I have stopped running the blower
continuously.

Just wondering if there are is a typical cause for this. Do I need a whole
new blower or can I easily repair this motor by installing new brushes or
some such thing?

Thanks for any input.