Choreboy

John Willis wrote:

On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 12:27:34 -0400, Choreboy
scribbled this interesting note:

John Willis wrote:

On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 14:24:51 -0400, Choreboy
scribbled this interesting note:

When I get a chance to reshingle the other side of those ridges, I'll
have to pull the nails in the Dow Corning Rigid Roll ridge vent and I
suppose renail in the same holes. Will the decking hold the nails
securely the second time?

Not really. Use screws instead.

What kind of screws? Offhand, I thought of something similar to drywall
screws, but outdoors they are likely to seize and snap when you try to
remove them, and the heads don't look right for shingles.

Stainless? Ceramic Coated Steel? Brass? There are lots of choices...

Maybe I should nail the first time, then use screws in the nail holes.
I suppose panhead screws would be best. Years ago, I used panhead
screws with rubber washers for galvanized roofing. Should rubber
washers be used against shingles?