PrecisionMachinisT

"zxcvbob" wrote in message
PrecisionMachinisT wrote:
"Ulysses" wrote in message

"PrecisionMachinisT" wrote in message

In the process of my neighbor's development and sale of some property
adjacent to ours, a new water main was installed, and now appears one

of

our

corner survey stakes is gone due to excavation, trenching etc...

Actually he's a pretty good guy, and a new road was put in at

considerable

expense just so I would no longer have to share my driveway...given

that

an

abandoned easment has gotta be worth something.......and even though I

did

pay him a sizable portion of money to help share the cost of the new
driveway...

Any suggestions on what might be the best way to handle this before I

even

get in contact with him about the need for having said survey stake

replaced

???

TIA

--

SVL

My corner stakes are a PVC pipe but there are also steel or bronze pipes
buried in the ground next to them. I don't think anyone is allowed to
remove the buried markers, at least not where I live (Riverside County

CA).

If you poke around a little or have a metal detector maybe they are

still
there.

THx

Nope, I was there while he was in the middle of his digging, he struck

the
electric utility primary, it shut down our machine shop for several
hours.......

I saw all the mess, and I watched the utility company splice the

wire......I
also saw the old rebar stake with its little yellow cap sticking out of

the
dirt pile.

Its ****ing gone.

--

SVL

He hit the utility *primary* (at least 7000V, more likely 11kV+)?
I would have paid to see that.

11 kv.--just goes berblang up at the pole where the service goes from
overhead to underground--not much different than when a squirrel commits
suicide......I wasnt there at that point though....

Fwiw I know the procedure for safely excavating around / exposing utilitys
without actually striking them...( use a shovel and dig by hand, letting
gravity be your freind and also carefully spot the hoe operator so that he
dont dig into any virgin soil, as he is sposed to be only the loosened dirt
up out of the ditch )

--

SVL