Ed Sirett

Default Ariston or Vokera boiler?

On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 11:48:37 +0100, stuart noble wrote:

Ed Sirett wrote in message ...
I have worked on both boilers and would say the Vokera seems to be the
better contructed. The both come from South of the Alps.
I have not installed either unit so can't really comment further.

Thanks, Ed. How does £350 inc vat fitting charge sound for the South East?
Straightforward replacement with 22mm gas already in place and using the
same flue hole.

That's a fair price if the guy flushes the system out as per instructions.
Assuming there is no further work (TRVs, better controls?) then 2 days is
reasonable allowance, including filling in the 'log book'.

I'd download the instructions (they're probably online) and read them up
first as then you'll know what needs to be done.

The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk