pjdesign

Default Loft Conversion

"Chris" wrote in message
news:NvFyc.535$V4.420@newsfe2-win...
Hi
Summer is close, got a few weeks off work, I challenge myself to get the
loft converted at last.
I am going to go for a DIY install, now I passed through a friends house

the
other day and he has got a pro in to do it, but I noticed when I took a
quick look up the hatch that the floor had been raised with planks of

wood.
I did not have time to see how / in what direction they were in comparison
to the joists etc, I assume that the builder strengthened the floor. I

would
like to strengthen the floor in my loft, but I was just wondering how and
what would be the best way to do it.
I want the floor to be strong enough to hold a person so it could be used

as
a room if need be for TV + Sofa etc for the kids.

Also are there any online guide's available on the internet on how to
convert a loft etc, just for some guidance.

Thanks Allot
Chris

Snip
Hi Chris.