Gunner Asch

On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 12:05:47 -0500, "Greg O"
wrote:

"Grant Erwin" wrote in message
A local kid asked me to make him a pickguard for a guitar. He had his old
one to use as a template, and he wants it made from diamondplate aluminum.
I have been working on this, and I got the stuff cut OK. Inside radiused
corners in enclosed holes were difficult, but I finally did OK using a
jeweler's saw in a scroll saw. I have to drill a bunch of 7/64" holes, one
1/2" hole, one 7/16" hole, and 3 3/8" holes, all working from punch marks.
The stuff doesn't drill very well using normally ground twist drills. I
haven't tried punching it, but figure it might be difficult because of the
diamond texture. What is the best way to make these holes?

Grant

How about a Unibit step drill?
Greg

I think thats what I would use also. Held in the mill.

Gunner