John Smith

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

"John Smith" wrote in message
I presume the pill vial is stuck inside (since the flush problem started
when the vial went down) but don't know how to fix it.
What do I do to fix this. I really hope pulling the toilet out is not
required.

Pulling is a good option as you don't want the vial to get stuck

downstream
where it will be even tougher and/or more costly to retrieve.

Try a toilet plunger to pull it back out using vacuum. You may get lucky.

Plunging didn't pull it out, and a coat hanger didn't so anything; but I
flushed after trying those, and it seemed to flush normally. Maybe it
pushed it out?
Why would it get stuck downstream? Aren't all the pipes after that big
enough to pass a pill vial? I am on septic, but use it very little. (I
expect the plastic will take 1,000 years to actually break down.)