PC Paul

Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot wrote:
Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
"Mungo \"two sheds\" Toadfoot" writes:

Should have said really: I'd rather not be burgled at all,
obviously, but if I was I'd like to make it really difficult for the
****s to steal my pc, or

Forget it. If the unit is locked, it will be turned into pile of
firewood in 3 seconds. Put your effort into stopping the burglar
ever gaining entry to the house in the first place.

What you might consider is keeping off-site archives, and possibly
a hidden fileserver so that if there is a burglary, you just need
to replace the PC, and don't lose all your data.

A fair point. It's about time I backed it up anyway.

And then a simple motion sensing bit of webcam software sending pics offsite
immediately leads to...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programme...ne/4542689.stm