DJC

Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot wrote:

Should have said really: I'd rather not be burgled at all, obviously, but if
I was I'd like to make it really difficult for the ****s to steal my pc, or
at least more difficult than just ripping it away from its cables. I thought
about bolting the case to the desk but that would just be a PITA for me when

If it's locked it will just encourage a burglar to bust it open on the
principle that there must be some valuable in it.
Unless you have a laptop or one of the very small form factor PCs I
wouldn't bother. A normal PC is too big and bulky to be attractive to
any burglar. They depreciate so fast it's unlikely to be worth anything
to a thief, especially assuming the usual drugged wretches who want only
cash or something readily convertable to cash. Even laptops are cheap
these days, a colleague just brought one from Dell for under £400,
perfectly good for a typewriter to use in the BL. Giving them away with
cornflakes next I shouldn't wonder.

--
David Clark

$message_body_include ="PLES RING IF AN RNSR IS REQIRD"