John Rumm

Bobby Bewl wrote:

Thanks for the info, John. I am not fit and a mini digger seems to be more
fun.

Perhaps I ought to add however that the digger will have far more
endurance! So it may only dig a spade full at a time, but it will keep
doing it until the job is done.

(to give you a clue to the available capability, I found that the 1.5
tonne digger could just about lift and move a full dumpy bag of gravel
or sand)

Later this year or early next year I intend to hire one to remove half a
sloping bank in order to build a retaining wall. If I hire the digger for a
day and return it, build the wall over a few weekends, I will then have to
shovel the soil back to make a level finish. So maybe I will need to get
fit.

Putting it back ought not to be so hard since it won't be compacted any
more.

--
Cheers,

John.