Set Square

Callum wrote:

Thanks guys for all your useful messages. I'm pretty sure the wall is
non load bearing as the 'studs' are attached to a 6x2 beam running
across the rafters (at about head height) which is bedded into the
walls each side of the house.

How far apart are the end walls? 6x2 doesn't sound to me to be a very large
section for a purlin. Mine are 9x3 and are supported by load-bearing walls
half way along. Do you have any load-bearing walls *under* your joists? It
wouldn't surprise me if one of the studs doubled as a strut to support the
middle of the purlin.
--
Cheers,
Set Square