meirman

Default Which piezo-electric noisemaker?

My digital multimeter uses a piezo-electric thing for a continuity
tester, and it has failed. I call it a "thing" because I'm no longer
sure if it is a buzzer, diapragm, or some of the other things.

If one is called "externally driven", does that mean it will have 3
wires instead of two?? No pictures are given where that word is used.

Trying to find a replacement. It's quite small. It's like a plate or
disk, 22mm in diameter, 4.5mm high. It has two ears for mounting,
and on the top there are embossed concentric circles, with a hole in
the middle of them, with a copper diaphragm visible through the hole.

At a hamfest I bought one that was the right size, but it has 3 wires
instead of 2. I don't know how to make that work. I think I need one
with only 2 wires.

My meter is a Circuitmate DM25, fwiw. The original beeper had no part
number, but the one I bought is PKM11-6A0 (or O). From looking at
catalogs, the eleven should represent a diameter (right?) of 11mm, but
in fact, it is 22mm in diameter.

WWW.mouser.com has an enormous variety of stuff. It even has
81-PKM11-6AO, made by Murata, but there are no pictures at the Mouser
or Murata websites. Still, I'm sure it has 3 wires and it is probably
11 mm in diameter, if there is such a thing.

Any advice?

** This one is like a dinner plate, 22mm in diameter, with two "ears"
with holes for mounting, 4.5mm high, and the top has concentric
circles showing in the black plastic with a hole in the middle for
the sound.

Meirman
--
If emailing, please let me know whether