Terry Given

mark jb wrote:
I have trouble believing that there is such a law or that if there is, that
there are no limitations. Such a law would clearly make "Tazers" illegal.

actually, tasers are illegal in australia.
along with stabproof vests, bulletproof vests, mace, batons, chains, and
most other forms of self protection.
can't have anything offensive, can't have anything defensive.
-mark

AIUI, ditto here in NZ. I can understand the illegality of weapons, but
stab- and bullet-proof vests should be legal.

nothing illegal about making a tazer-proof-vest though.

Now here is something weird. A few years back, Balisongs (butterfly
knives) were made illegal - apparently because they can be opened with
one hand (I have fond memories of the Palmerston North police dept.
giving my Balisong back, after recovering a load of gear an ex-flatmate
nicked).

But many modern pocketknives have a little attachment at right-angles to
the blade, allowing them to be opened with one hand. Go figure.

Cheers
Terry

Cheers
Terry