Jim Yanik

"James Sweet" wrote in
news:x93Oe.2976$0U6.2125@trnddc09:

"satelitko" wrote in message
lkaboutelectronicequi
pment.com...
Is there anyone who have a service manula for this oscilloscope? I
bought used one, but found that an IC on fan motor board is missing -
so fan doesn`t work at all.
Regards, Gregor

Might be quicker to just ask what that IC is, I wonder if that's the
only problem though, seems odd someone would harvest that IC from a
working scope.

ISTR that it was a 5-transistor array.
IIRC,the same chip was used in 400 series scope fan circuits(465?,485),they
both used the same Hall-effect fan motor.Also in some 7000 series
mainframes(78xx79xx,IIRC).

In later 2445/65 series scopes,that fan assy was replaced by a simple 12v
fan like used in PC power supplies.The rear chassis panel was modified to
accept the new fan. I would probably mod that 2465 myself if the fan was
bad,rather than try to find a IC and find the motor was bad,or do without a
fan;a bad idea.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik