Martin H. Eastburn

Leo Lichtman wrote:
"Martin H. Eastburn" wrote a delightful piece of science fiction.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Don, it pegged my BS meter, as well. Also my entertainment meter. Martin,
you are in the wrong forum--this needs to be submitted to
Rec.Ent.Sciencefiction.

You guys are just not up to speed on custom large factory Production machines.

I have been turning wood since 1957 on and off. Have to turn a handle for the
2" wide steel wrench I cut with my cnc plasma torch. It will be in Walnut.

I have been designing electronic and electrical things since before that date.
National Science Fair first place winner in 57. That was the weirdest year
in my life. Having 3 wings of B-52's in battle dress form up and head East
while I was on the play yard.

Yes I have seen it - done it - been there and had it done to me.

The CANCO plant - makes cans from sheet metal - that was or still is in Arlington Tx
was the place with this nasty transformer and motor. Three phase normal to nasty.

I think you guys are good in your trade but never ran across this stuff and so
it is out of your background.

Ever see a 10,000 amp Ignatron (Mercury tube with an igniter ) They are used to
electro plate large metal items - like whole cars or truck bodies.
They are getting old now - going to solid state stuff but I bet some are still around.

Martin

--
Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH, NRA Life