Barry N. Turner

Draw yourself a half-pattern on 1/4" birch plywood. Take your measurements
with a ruler and calipers. Record the width and diameter of each of the
elements (cove, bead, taper, shoulder, etc.) Use this half-pattern to turn
your legs. It's not as intimidating as it might first sound. The first leg
is the hardest.

I think you will find this approach works much better than the profile
gauge. It's meant for duplicating short pieces of molding and the like.

Barry

"Norvin (remove SPAM)" wrote in message
. ..
I have a project where I need to copy some turned legs from a table and
since the table cannot be brought to the workshop, I need to make a
pattern and after looking in several catalogs, I cannot find that little
tool (?) with all the needles to match a turned pattern. I cannot even
come up with the name of the tool. Any suggestion to steer my in the
right direction.
TIA
Norvin