Lee Michaels

"mac davis" wrote in message
I had just finished turning my first cherry bowl last night, courtesy of
Chuck,
who had read my post here about not having hard wood in CA and sending
some..

I had put 1 coat of modified turner's polish on, buffed it a bit and
decided
that a 2nd coat would give it a nice depth....
I waited the hour suggested, (something that I've finally developed enough
patience to do), and did my usual prep of the lathe:

Brushed all shavings, etc. off lathe... Hit the chuck, work and head stock
with
shop vac.. made sure that my wife wasn't planning to use the belt sander
(DAMHIK), etc...

As I was applying the friction finish, I realized that I was nice and
cool,
meaning that the "turbo fan" that was pointed at me was still on... and
blowing
nice, fine sanding dust from the bench to the bowl...

ARRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGG......

LOL

Going for that "textured" look?