Nick Müller

Don Foreman wrote:

334 G's!

I did the math with 1000 RPM, and if I remember correctly, it was in the
ballpark of 5 g's. Did you forget to divide by 9.81? Oh, you did divide!
I'll recheck...

I did some research and found that with pressurized zinc casting they
use in the range of 80 atm (1200 PSI) and higher. Well, I will see if I
do have distortion. Steel molds are harder than rubber, I know. :-)
And, if I do get problems, I can move the part nearer to the center or
add a rheostat.

On the other hand, there was a link (IIRC your hint?) that showed a
commercial spinn caster that had 1000 RPM with a bigger disk (judging
from the photo) and rubber molds.

Nick

--
Motormodelle / Engine Models: