RBM

Self contained units like Roger described are the easiest to install and
wire. He used Kitchler brand, but there are a number of companies that make
similar types. Wac makes one which uses 120 volt lamps and no transformer as
well. In my experience I've found the fluorescent models problematic, the
halogen very nice but to hot, and the Xenon all around excellent

"Dragonfire" wrote in message
news

Hey all. We are thinking of redoing our kitchen and were thinking that
under cabinet lighting would be a nice addition. I know that the
hardwired version uses a transformer, but my big question is do the
lights mounted under the cabinet protrude up into the cabinets and take
away space? (kind of defeats the purpose)

The lights I saw at the diy store seem kind of big to go under the
cabinets.

any help or personal experience would be appreciated.
Thanks

--
Dragonfire