Lil' Dave

"abi" wrote in message
oups.com...

Sasha wrote:
I am in the process of totally remodeling my kitchen. My family drinks
only natural spring water that we bug either in 1 Gal or 2.5 Gal
containers. What I don't like is containers themselves.I would like to
have another faucet next to regular faucet that would deliver drinking
natural spring water from some big container hidden in cabinets or
elsewhere. Note, I do not want to use filter.I also do not have space
for those bug coolers with 5 Gal jars. Can someone point me to any
resources or links with natural spring water delivered via a faucet?

Hi Sasha,

Excuse the slightly jaded replies, though based in truth, they don't
really give you a solution. In reality, I agree that tap water may not
be the best thing to drink in some areas. There's actually a little
town about 10 miles from me where they actually shut down the public
water supply for a few weeks due to contamination. Who knows how long
it was going on before discovered. I also agree that bottled spring
water is a flat out hoax, having read some revealing reports by
reputable firms.

Probably the best thing you can do is install a filteration system in
your house. A good one is a couple of grand if they "treat" water along
with filtering it, but for what you are now paying for bottled water,
it'll pay for itself quick and the water in your tap will be cleaner
than the bottled water.

You can run tap water through a coffee filter and fill a bottle in
April and call it pure spring water. It really is a scam. You need to
take control of your water purity yourself, onsite. That is the only
way to be sure. Test kits are also available.

In fact, maybe you should get a test kit or get samples of both your
tap water and the bottled water you use and compare. You may be shocked
at the results.

Here's a link to get started. I don't personally know anything about
this particular model, but it's a good site to get an idea of what the
project entails.

http://www.equinox-products.com/Equi...tionSystem.htm

Gurgle, gurgle...

abi

If there is truly a bacterial contamination problem, running water through a
coffee maker isn't a bad idea. Though just running through a paper coffee
filter is ridiculously stupid for removing anything but undissolved
particles.

A caution on water testing. Water samples may not be consistent. Your
water supply contents may change from time to time. Some may "burp" salts,
then remain clear for long time, then do it again if not procesed by a
municipal system.

Am using a whole-house, sediment, oxidizer, carbon filtration staged system.
In a rural area without a municipal water supply. Using a one gallon
pitcher filtration by Brita for drinking and cooking water. Intially, its a
bit costly, but pays off quickly. I keep this transparent pitcher in the
kitchen window over the sink. Filters are changed every 3 months for the
whole house system, and every 2 months for the pitcher. A air venturi
injector is used just before the water reservoir to aid the oxidizer further
downline.