Harold and Susan Vordos

"Nick Müller" wrote in message
Helpful audience!

Today, I made my first spinn-casting with zinc.

It was just a first test shot to see what I can do wrong and what I did
already do wrong.
So the mold was just a plaster mold [1] and the zinc was just some scrap
zink sheet metal for roofing. That zinc proofed to be good enough and I
will use up all the rest before going to the costy zinc I ordered.
At least, the spin caster was a success. I had no other motor at hand,
so the disk is rotating with nearly 1400 RPM. Direct driven! The disk
has a diameter of 12". I thought more g-force = better surface.

But only to a point. As the G forces increase, you risk blowing the mold.
It's a problem for jewelers, casting with gold alloy with a much higher
specific gravity. If you have problems with that, you'll know you have
to slow down.

Well done!

Harold