Grant Erwin

Are you serious? 7/64" holes with a plasma cutter? Have you ever looked at a
guitar pickguard? This isn't a manhole cover, it has to be pretty!

GWE

Michelle P wrote:

plasma cutter.
run the tip on the back (smooth side).
Michelle

Grant Erwin wrote:

A local kid asked me to make him a pickguard for a guitar. He had his
old one to use as a template, and he wants it made from diamondplate
aluminum. I have been working on this, and I got the stuff cut OK.
Inside radiused corners in enclosed holes were difficult, but I
finally did OK using a jeweler's saw in a scroll saw. I have to drill
a bunch of 7/64" holes, one 1/2" hole, one 7/16" hole, and 3 3/8"
holes, all working from punch marks. The stuff doesn't drill very well
using normally ground twist drills. I haven't tried punching it, but
figure it might be difficult because of the diamond texture. What is
the best way to make these holes?

Grant