George E. Cawthon

Dr. Hardcrab wrote:
"Anthony Berlin" wrote in message
. ..

Really george? You know anything about variable speed/frequency drives?
Have
a clue about what they cost? Didn't think so.....and yes they are in
average
homes we even have them in apt.buildings. It's ok to offer your opinion
george just try not to imply that it is fact or for that matter that you
have a clue about what you are attempting to discuss.......fair?

Haven't followed the thread too well, but did the original poster say it was
a variable speed motor?

If so, I see why the cost was so high!

Those damn things aren't cheap. Even the module itself costs more than most
motors do......

Probably in the same category as high efficiency
gas water heaters. Sounds like a good idea, but
is expensive, way more maintenance, noisy, and
saves very little in gas. The damned inductor fan
on my furnace costs more than an electric water
heater, so maybe the inductor on a high efficiency
gas water heater increase the cost by 100 percent?
Now if they could get a thermostat on a gas
water heater to hold the temperature within 2-3
degrees, that might be worth $50 or so.

"George E. Cawthon" wrote in message

Greg O wrote:

"tomkanpa" wrote in message
legroups.com...

It's a 13 year old Carrier High-efficiency furnace. The motor and
labor

was $310.
This seemed like a lot to me. I didn't say so.
What do you think, was she over charged??

Maybe, maybe not.
We just replaced a furnace for a customer because the blower motor went

out.

Our cost for the motor was $800!!
Greg

Obviously not an average house.