George E. Cawthon

Anthony Berlin wrote:
Really george? You know anything about variable speed/frequency drives? Have
a clue about what they cost? Didn't think so.....and yes they are in average
homes we even have them in apt.buildings. It's ok to offer your opinion
george just try not to imply that it is fact or for that matter that you
have a clue about what you are attempting to discuss.......fair?

"George E. Cawthon" wrote in message

Greg O wrote:

"tomkanpa" wrote in message
egroups.com...

It's a 13 year old Carrier High-efficiency furnace. The motor and labor

was $310.
This seemed like a lot to me. I didn't say so.
What do you think, was she over charged??

Maybe, maybe not.
We just replaced a furnace for a customer because the blower motor went

out.

Our cost for the motor was $800!!
Greg

Obviously not an average house.

I assumed you were talking about an industrial
sized area, office building.

But you are right, I don't know anything about
$800 fan motors. In fact I don't know anything
about $800 motors. I would expect at least a 5
horse for that amount of money.

An $800 fan motor is crazy in an average house of
1500-2500 square feet. And, any home owner that
bought one must be a real push over, or have more
money than they know what to do with. What does
the furnace and A/c total for installation,
$6000? Did they put a $2000 front door on it.
How about, $50 outlets and $60 light switches?

There is nothing normal or average about an $800
motor for anything in a single family residence!
Somebody is probably just pushing expensive stuff
that will probably operates as well as Denver
Airport baggage system.