I should probably answer some of the other questions here, all
together:

No cat. One dog. Several litres of liquid at least. The liquid doesn't
smell like urine, though, just water.

We and everybody have been watering less because of the water shortage.
Our neighbours on that side have been gone for weeks and we're doing
limited watering for them.

No pipes under the floor that we know of. We have forced air heat. No
drains in the area.

"Fixing hydrostatics" ... LOL. Well, I didn't really fix the
hydrostatics....just the problem of it coming up through the crack :-)
.. I figured all I could really do was convince the water that it wanted
to go somewhere else. "Roof leak"....I'll look into it. A couple of our
shingles needed replacing, which I did today, and they are over that
room. But leaking all the way past the main floor and down to the
basement?

No drains nearby, unless the builder put a second one in (the drain we
know about is in the laundry room, other end of the house) and then
some handyman covered it over with tile.