World Traveler

"phaeton" wrote in message
oups.com...
[snip]
The sellers are just doing too much creepy ****-
i.e. doing minor repairs or having services done to the property and
insisting that we pay for it. [snip]

This might be a good place to start a thread on "unethical" or questionable
things you've seen a seller do -- I'll start --

Our purchase was contingent on a termite inspection, among other things.
The owner removed all of the 4x8 beams over the front patio area, putting
them back up after the termite inspection was completed. (Fortunately, the
termite inspector noted that the beams were missing during the inspection.
Of course, they were riddled with termite damage, although had no active
infestation.)

Same house -- the owner had a light over the back door. He screwed the
fixture in place, drilled a hole through the concrete block wall and ran an
extension cord from the inside of the house through the wall to the light.
When he wanted to turn on the light he just plugged the cord into the wall .
.. .