LenS

On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 02:53:43 GMT, "FDR"
wrote:

"LenS" wrote in message
.. .
I'm not complaining about my attic fan working as well as it does. I
just don't know a lot about home construction and I don't know why the
fan is so effective.

We have a ranch-style home with an unfinished attic. There are gable
vents at each end of the attic. The fan is in one of the vents, the
other one is open.

I'm curious as to wether the fan blows in or out at the gable.

In our case the fan blows out. I can tell because there are shutters
that open outward on the fan exhaust vent.

Maybe I'm not using the term "gables" properly. Our house has a peaked
roof which runs the length of the house. The opening for fresh air is
at one end beneath the point of the peak, and the fan and exhaust are
at the other end.

Thanks for the response.

-Len