C & M wrote:
Quadra-Fire - after 3 years of heavy winter use I had a chimney sweep in.
He came to me shaking his head. I got worried. He says, "There's nothing
there to clean out other than the smoke shelf. I gotta charge ya
something".

It means that you are burning very hot if you have nothing there -
something to be cautious of. I'm suprised you never lit the chimmney up
after 0 cleaning in 3 years.

Great heat in a ranch style house, no less.

wrote in message
oups.com...
yes. they were my 1st choice but due to the size of my fire place (old
coal burning style) i was unable to get a VC insert to fit. Jotul is
another good unit