zxcvbob

PrecisionMachinisT wrote:
"Ulysses" wrote in message

"PrecisionMachinisT" wrote in message

In the process of my neighbor's development and sale of some property
adjacent to ours, a new water main was installed, and now appears one of

our

corner survey stakes is gone due to excavation, trenching etc...

Actually he's a pretty good guy, and a new road was put in at

considerable

expense just so I would no longer have to share my driveway...given that

an

abandoned easment has gotta be worth something.......and even though I

did

pay him a sizable portion of money to help share the cost of the new
driveway...

Any suggestions on what might be the best way to handle this before I

even

get in contact with him about the need for having said survey stake

replaced

???

TIA

--

SVL

My corner stakes are a PVC pipe but there are also steel or bronze pipes
buried in the ground next to them. I don't think anyone is allowed to
remove the buried markers, at least not where I live (Riverside County

CA).

If you poke around a little or have a metal detector maybe they are still
there.

THx

Nope, I was there while he was in the middle of his digging, he struck the
electric utility primary, it shut down our machine shop for several
hours.......

I saw all the mess, and I watched the utility company splice the wire......I
also saw the old rebar stake with its little yellow cap sticking out of the
dirt pile.

Its ****ing gone.

--

SVL

He hit the utility *primary* (at least 7000V, more likely 11kV+)?
I would have paid to see that.

Best regards,
Bob