SQLit

"Corvus13" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

I just purchased a Galaxy (Sears) gas stovetop (model 790.6000) which
has two central pilot lights between the burners. Everything functions
properly but I find when the stovetop is closed the proximity of the
pilot lights are such that the actual stovetop gets heated up quite
high with just the pilots going.

I've adjusted each of them to be the absolutely smallest that they can
be (in danger of going out with a light breeze) and it still has the
same effect. I cannot imagine this is correct.

The pilot cage itself has a small arm shield that raises above it I
imagine to take the heat of the flame should it get too high. I'm
wondering if these are the culprits and need to be bent downward
slightly in case they are touching or if there is something else that
can be done to remedy this.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Scott

What does Sears say????

I can not imagine buying a new stove with a pilot light in it.