Roy Starrin

On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 03:27:32 GMT, (Scott) wrote:

I have a ceiling fan with a serious wobble. I've done my level best to
balance the thing The wobble makes a noise somewhere in
the mounting hardware, which is not so good with a bedroom ceiling fan.

Couple of questions to help sort this out:
For You: Is the fan housing loose on the mounting/box to which it
is attached, i.e. can you wobble the whole unit back and forth?
Maybe you need to "heavy up" the mounting system above the
ceiling?!?!?
For those rendering advice: Can balancing the blades correct the
above problem?