Bobby Bewl

"John Rumm" wrote in message
Bobby Bewl wrote:

What is the max width of these things. The access to my garden is
through a 34 inch door.

Depends on the class of digger.

The smallest 750kg ones can be driven through a normal door. Typically
approx 70cm wide. They are ok, but tend to be a bit jerky and don't shift
much more soil than a fit man with a shovel.

Thanks for the info, John. I am not fit and a mini digger seems to be more
fun.

Later this year or early next year I intend to hire one to remove half a
sloping bank in order to build a retaining wall. If I hire the digger for a
day and return it, build the wall over a few weekends, I will then have to
shovel the soil back to make a level finish. So maybe I will need to get
fit.

Bobby