Tom Gardner

"Ignoramus15775" wrote in message
Got a 1/2 HP single phase motor today (totaly enclosed) for $2. 5/8"
shaft. I would like to make a grinder out of it, but I am not sure how
1750 RPM works out for 8" wheels. I would buy wheels at Harbor
Freight. Is 1750 RPM about right for these wheels? Is 1/2HP a sensible
horsepower?

thanks

Don't put a whole lot of eggs in this basket. My 10" is powered a little on
the lite side at 5 hp. I forget the speed but is belt driven faster than
the motor. What do you want to do, sharpen your golf tees? However, a 6"
wheel on a belt driven arbor with 1/2 hp is a workhorse.