Cliff

Default XYYZ stepper controller

On 21 Aug 2005 04:01:38 -0700, "gianlepri"
wrote:

New to this group and new to CNC, but learning fast.

I have purchased a used bobby cnc mill. It's a gantry type with 4 2A
bipolar stepper motors. Two of them are running the YY axes.

I need the controller now. Found a lot of 3 or 4 axes controllers on
the web. But the only XYYZ controller I found is too expensive (1500
usd) for my budget. Is there a way to use a 3-channel controller to
steer the 2 Y's synchronuously ? Any teaching will be much
appreciated.

gianlepri

Crossposted to rec.crafts.metalworking

BTW, Have a make & model number? What became of it's
old control?
There are groups for some specific machines IIRC. And at least
one of the BBS systems has a home-brew hobby section.

HTH
--
Cliff