Martin H. Eastburn

Cliff wrote:

[
I live in a semi-rural area. We recently had a new neighbor call the
local township administrative office to request the removal of the
Deer
Crossing sign on our road.
The reason: "too many deer were being hit by cars" and he didn't want
them to cross there anymore.

My daughter went to a local Taco Bell and ordered a taco.
She asked the person behind the counter for "minimal lettuce."
He said he was sorry, but they only had iceberg.

I was at the airport, checking in at the gate when an airport employee
asked, "Has anyone put anything in your baggage without your
knowledge?"
To which I replied, "If it was without my knowledge, how would I
know?"
He smiled knowingly and nodded, "That's why we ask."

The stoplight on the corner buzzes when it's safe to cross the street.
I was crossing with an intellectually challenged coworker of mine when
she asked if I knew what the buzzer was for.
I explained that it signals blind people when the light is red.
Appalled, she responded, "What on earth are blind people doing
driving?!"

At a good-bye luncheon for an old and dear coworker who was leaving
the
company due to "downsizing," our manager commented cheerfully, "this
is
fun. We should do this more often." Not a word was spoken. We all just
looked at each other with that deer-in-the-headlights stare.

I work with an individual who plugged her power strip back into itself
and
for the life of her couldn't understand why her system would not turn
on.

When my husband and I arrived at an automobile dealership to pick up
our
car, we were told the keys had been locked! in it. We went to the
service department and found a mechanic working feverishly to unlock
the
driver's side door.
As I watched from the passenger side, I instinctively tried the door
handle and discovered that it was unlocked. "Hey," I announced to the
technician, "it's open!"
To which he replied, "I know - I already got that side."

They walk among us..............scary!!
]

Just gotta watch the fish from the local river. Where did the water come from.
Bottom feeders pecking on shinny spots of mercury ?

That gives the 'brain dead' 'sickness'.

Martin

--
Martin Eastburn